The enterprise approved the Plan of urgent measures to reduce the impact of the Southern Aeration Station on the surrounding area for the period 2020-2023. The Plan includes more than 17 events in two main areas:
- Modernization of facilities, installation of odor removal systems and filters, overhaul and reconstruction of biological treatment systems.
- Selection, testing and implementation of technologies to reduce odor from technological processes.
At the station, Vodokanal has conducted the following measures:
- Sealed the receiving chamber and the supply channels;
- Installed 2 sorption filters for air purification from the supply channels;
- Equipped bar screen building with the “wet barrier” odor neutralization system;
- Overhauled the structures of 4 aerotanks;
- Installed new fine bubble aeration system in 7 aerotanks;
- Overhauled 5 final clarifiers;
- Installed new sludge pumps in final clarifiers;
- Overhaul the distribution bowl.
- Held laboratory and pilot testing of 11 technologies to eliminate odor in the process of wastewater treatment and sludge treatment
The efficiency of the sorption filters installed in the supply channels was 98%, which significantly reduced the smell from untreated effluents. Based on the results of many years of observations conducted by accredited laboratories, the hygienic standards for the content of pollutants in the atmospheric air in residential buildings in the zone of the Southern Aeration Station’s influence are observed.
Because of the modernization, a fundamentally new level of wastewater treatment that enters the Iset River was obtained, immediately for a number of chemical and biological indicators, which significantly affects the ecology and health of the inhabitants of the region. In 2021, compared to 2019, the content of suspended solids in treated effluents decreased by 62%, ammonium nitrogen — by 64%, COD — by 30%, BOD — by 15%.
Note! During repairs and reconstructions, the aeration station’s operation does not stop for a minute; all reconstructions have been carried out at existing facilities.